Bone Marrow CD34+ Stem/Progenitor Cells, Frozen
CD34 is a glycosylated transmembrane protein and represents a well-established marker for human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in peripheral blood, bone marrow, and cord blood. CD34+ cells are self-renewing, multipotent stem cells that give rise to all blood cells of the immune system through a process called hematopoiesis. As hematopoietic stem cells progress through hematopoiesis they generate the myeloid (monocytes, macrophages, granulocytes, megakaryocytes, dendritic cells, erythrocytes) and lymphoid (T cells, B cells, NK cells) lineages. The highly specialized cells that arise from hematopoietic stem cells work collaboratively in defending the body against infection and disease.
Bone marrow mononuclear cells (MNCs) are separated from whole bone marrow by a density gradient centrifugation protocol. CD34+ cells are positively selected using immunomagnetic anti-CD34 (clone QBEND10) microbeads from bone marrow mononuclear cells. Isolated primary cells are characterized by flow cytometry before cryopreservation to ensure a highly pure and viable cell population.
Cells were obtained using Institutional Review Board (IRB) approved consent forms and protocols.
|Cell and Tissue Source|
Product Information Sheet
Certificate of Analysis
Material Safety Data Sheet
- Eksioglu et al. (2017) Novel Therapeutic Approach to Improve Hematopoiesis in Low Risk MDS by Targeting MDSCs with the Fc-engineered CD33 Antibody BI 836858. Leukemia 1-9. doi:10.1038/leu.2017.21. Abstract
- Hudak et al. (2014) Glycocalyx Engineering Reveals a Siglec-Based Mechanism for NK Cell Immunoevasion. Nat Chem Biol 10: 69-75. doi:10.1038/nchembio.1388. Abstract
- Modarai et al. (2018) Efficient Delivery and Nuclear Uptake Is Not Sufficient to Detect Gene Editing in CD34+ Cells Directed by a Ribonucleoprotein Complex. Mol Ther Nucl Acids 11: 116-129. doi.org/10.1016/j.omtn.2018.01.013. Article
- Cheng et al. (2019) S100A9-Induced Overexpression of PD-1/PD-L1 Contributes to Ineffective Hematopoiesis in Myelodysplastic Syndromes. Leukemia. doi.org/10.1038/s41375-019-0397-9. Article
- Lo et al. (2020) Potent In Vitro Activity of β-D-4ʹ-Chloromethyl-2ʹ-Deoxy-2ʹ-Fluorocytidine Against Nipah Virus. Antivir Res doi.org/10.1016/j.antiviral.2020.104712. Abstract
- Modarai et al. (2020) Precise and Error-Prone CRISPR-Directed Gene Editing Activity in Human CD34+ Cells Varies Widely Among Patient Samples. Gene Therapy. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41434-020-00192-z. Article